- When I think of how active and exhausting my baby is, I feel blessed that he is so healthy and curious and full of life, and how lucky I am to have been gifted with this child.
- When I think of how hard it is to make it through the day alone with a baby, I am thankful for my wonderful husband who supports me (emotionally and financially) and who shoulders a lot of the childcare responsibilities in the evenings and on the weekends.
- When I think of the mess that is my house, I am grateful to even have a home to live in.
- When I think of how many fewer things we can afford, I'm thankful that my husband's salary allows me to stay at home to raise our son.
- When I think about how exhausted I am from tending to a crying child two or three times a night, I'm grateful to my network of family and friends who have stopped over to watch the baby while I take a nap.
- When I think of how lonely I am for adult company during the day, I am thankful for the blogger friends that I have met this year. Our shared experiences and their words of kindness and advice have gotten me through some really tough days.
This list could go on and on, because I'm learning to cultivate a grateful heart. I could name 50 things that I am thankful for right off the top of my head, from the little things like a cup of tea prepared for me by my husband, to the big ones like a large, loving family. I'm grateful for too many blessings to name!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!