I know you'll be delighted to find out, if you haven't already, how to number your comments in Blogger.
It requires a little HTML fiddling, as usual per our Tech Tuesday tutorials. The only little quirk is that with Blogger, each page will only hold 200 comments, so if you get more than that with a contest, comments 200 onward will actually will be numbered 1-200 again. Don't fret though, because all you need to do is add 200 to these comments. Blogger still keeps track of them as their original numbers at the top of the comments, as seen here:
Also, when I had first added this to my blog last year, I couldn't find the numbers, and was going nuts trying to figure out why the code was right, but nothing was showing up. It turns out that the numbers only appear below the post when you click on the actual URL of the post, rather than just your main blog URL. If you open up the comments in a window, they don't appear there, just below your post.
Ok, so here's what you've been waiting for--the directions!
1. Open up your Blogger dashboard, and click on the Layout tab
2. Click on "Edit HTML". As usual, save a copy of your template to your computer, just in case you make a mistake that you can't fix.
3. Check the box that says "Expand Widget Templates"
4. Hit CTRL + F, to open the "find" option in your web browser, and type in this
5. Once you find that line of code, you'll paste this below it
6. Hit CTRL + F again, and find this line of code
7. Under that line, paste the following:
<span class='numberingcomments' style='float: right; font-size: 25px;'>
<a expr:href='data:comment.url' title='Comment Link'>
8. Save your work. I normally say to preview it before saving, but you can't see the comments via the preview mode.
There you go, your garden-variety comment numbering tutorial. And please, don't be shy about letting me know how it works out for you. I really need a test blog to try out these things myself, since it's been ages since I've done this on mine. Thanks to lots of other blog tutorials for helping me remember how to do this!
UPDATE (11/17): It seems like some people who use a more recent version of Blogger have had difficulties using this tutorial. My apologies for not being able to figure out how to number comments in those versions. Check out Susie's tutorial here. She was able to get hers to work by using a few different tutorials and melding them together.