With Christmas quickly approaching, I've been thinking about the holiday traditions that I loved doing as a child and ones that I'd like to continue or add with SoJo. As part of Twitter Moms, I'm sharing 5 of my favorite holiday activities to do with my child. Now that my son is a toddler, I think it will be a little more exciting this Christmas for us all.
A few things we want to try this year:
1. Visiting a local park that is decorated with lights for the holidays. They really do a nice job, and it's free. On certain weekends, they have live Christmas music too. There's a concession stand that sells hot cocoa, and one building has a model train set up.
2. Baking cookies, of course! And eating them too.
3. Making salt dough ornaments together for the grandparents.
4. Teaching him the words to Christmas carols. He loves repeating nursery rhymes and songs, so I'm sure he'll enjoy this.
5. Shopping for a toy together to donate to Toys For Tots. I always want to incorporate some kind of charitable act(s) during the Christmas Season.
What are your favorite things to do with your little ones?
Disclosure: As a result of participating in this, I may receive a gift card from Twitter Moms.