We tend to buy Fair Trade, organic coffee when we can, and when I came across Coffee Bean Direct, I thought that their selection of beans was great. They sell their coffee by the pound, by the 5lb, and even in 25 lb bags.
They also offer sampler packages, in case you'd like to try a few kinds before buying in bulk. Coffee Bean Direct roasts their own coffee beans, which eliminates a middleman and gets gourmet coffee at great prices to your coffee maker.
We tried out the Costa Rican La Amistad Organic which is grown on La Amistad farm, a farm that has been dedicated to organic growing practices for over 10 years.
I must say that it was wonderful! It was smooth, a bit nutty, and not acidic like some other brands we've tried. We got whole bean coffee and ground it ourselves, which makes for a better brew too.
My husband and I have been thoroughly enjoying it with our breakfasts, both iced and hot. It's a great way to wake up to the day.
You can find many more varieties and roasts at Coffee Bean Direct. Which is your favorite?
Coffee Bean Direct is kindly offering 1 K&K reader
A Small Coffee Lovers Gift Basket
- Two 1lb Bags of Fresh Ground Coffee
- A 12oz Package of Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- One Package of Cookies
- Three Premium Biscotti
- One Coffee Bean Direct Coffee Mug
Visit Coffee Bean Direct and leave a comment here with the type of coffee or tea that most appeals to you.
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each one):
- Sign up for Coffee Bean Direct's e-Newsletter (2 entries--leave 2 comments)
- Blog about this contest (2 entries--leave 2 comments)
- Subscribe to my updates
- If you're a Fan of Katydid and Kid on Facebook leave a comment letting me know
- If you're a Fan of Coffee Bean Direct on Facebook, leave a comment letting me know
- Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect
- Follow @CoffeeDirect on Twitter and leave your Twitter handle in the comment
- Follow @katydidandkid and tweet this giveaway, leaving a link to your tweet in the comments. You can tweet once per day (leave a comment each day). You can copy and paste my tweet if you'd like: Win a Coffee Lovers' Gift Basket from @CoffeeDirect http://goo.gl/fb/IpcEE @katydidandkid #giveaway
Disclosure: I received a pound of coffee from Coffee Bean Direct for review purposes.