I especially like flow-y shirts and unique jewelry. Give me Lapis Lazuli over diamonds any day! When contacted by NOVICA recently, I nearly fell out of my chair in excitement. Have you seen their website? It's a fabulous collection of artisan-made items from all around the globe.
They have everything from home decor to original artworks and jewelry, and even a really helpful gift finder. Interestingly, the gift finder includes a corporate gifts section, which I could see being of good use to business people looking to impress a client or to bestow a unique retirement gift to an employee.
I was given the opportunity to review some items of my choosing, so naturally I gravitated to jewelry and clothes. I came across this gorgeous Chrysocolla solitaire ring, which is a one-of-a-kind made by Patricia Jara, an artist from Peru.I love the colors, which are very beach and summery. And for a handmade ring, I was surprised that it was under $50. I love knowing the story of the artisan who made the ring and where it came from, which is what Novica is known for--connecting the artist, the work, and the buyer. You can purchase a similar ring here by Patricia Jara.
I also ordered the Hypnotic Beige blouse, made in Thailand by Jariya Kakaew. I haven't received this yet, since it's coming from Thailand, so I am posting a photo of the garment from the Novica website.
I'm excited to wear this free-flowing top throughout the summer. It is made of cotton, so it will be cool in the summer heat. I like the earth tones and the bit of fringe that creates visual interest.
I'm sure if you take a peek at the NOVICA website, you'll get lost in so many gorgeous things--I sure did!
Whether you're looking for something for yourself or for a gift, you'll find something unique and memorable.
NOVICA is very kindly offering 1 lucky K&K reader
Visit NOVICA and leave a comment here letting me know what you'd spend the gift certificate on.
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each one):
- Blog about this contest (2 entries--leave 2 comments)
- Subscribe to my updates
- If you're a Fan of Katydid and Kid on Facebook leave a comment letting me know
- If you're a Fan of NOVICA on Facebook, leave a comment letting me know
- Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect
- Follow @NOVICA on Twitter
- Follow @katydidandkid and tweet this giveaway, leaving a link to your tweet in the comments. You can tweet once per day (leave a comment each day). You can copy and paste my tweet if you'd like: Win a $75 gift certificate to @NOVICA to buy some gorgeous worldly treasures http://goo.gl/fb/Nbxwc @katydidandkid #giveaway
Disclosure: I received a gift certificate to NOVICA for review purposes.