In addition to life-sized playhouses, Crafty Kids USA has just introduced mini versions of their Creation Cottage and Shuttle Imagination playhouses. We chose the Creation Cottage Craft model to review.
It is such a cool little house that SoJo likes to put his cars in. Plus since it's made of sturdy cardboard, it's very lightweight and he can move it from room to room depending on where he wants to play. The door and windows are his favorite features, and he spends time moving cars in and out of them.
But that white was looking pretty boring, so we got out our natural paints from Clementine Art (which incidentally, Crafty Kids also sells), and got down to the messy business of painting. The decorating was definitely the icing on the cake of this playhouse.
This was so fun, for both SoJo and myself.
He liked blending the colors on the roof
and then on the side of the house.
Not exactly a masterpiece, but he enjoyed the physicality of the experience. And of course one can paint over this as many times as you want, at least as much as the cardboard can handle. The model playhouses come with 6 jumbo markers to get you started.
This is a wonderful way to occupy your children and to allow them to customize one of their toys. I think being able to do so will give them a sense of pride about their creation and inspire many hours of creative play.
WIN IT! Crafty Kids USA is generously giving away one of their new craft models, either the Shuttle Imagination model ($24.95) or the Creation Cottage model ($22.95)
Visit Crafty Kids USA and leave a comment naming something else the Crafty Kids sells and which model playhouse you'd choose if you won.
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each one):
- Blog about this contest (2 entries--leave 2 comments)
- Subscribe to my updates
- If you're a Fan of Crafty Kids USA on Facebook, leave a comment letting me know
- If you're a Fan of Katydid and Kid on Facebook leave a comment letting me know
- Follow my blog via Google Friend Connect
- Follow @CraftyKidsUSA on Twitter
- Follow @katydidandkid and tweet this giveaway, leaving a link to your tweet in the comments. You can tweet once per day (leave a comment each day). You can copy and paste my tweet if you'd like: Win a cardboard model playhouse from @CraftyKidsUSA. Lightweight, eco-friendly, and you can decorate and customize it!http://goo.gl/fb/RJzWO
Disclosure: I received a Creation Cottage Craft model playhouse for review purposes.