Williams-Sonoma has the best, but at $26 a lb. that's way out of my price range for the mail carrier. This recipe is a good knock-off, and much cheaper to boot. Plus you can get all the items in your local grocery store, or even Target.
Here's what you'll need, and note--buy the best quality ingredients that you can afford or find:
- 24 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 36 oz. white chocolate chips
- Peppermint oil or extract
- 2 boxes of candy canes
- aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- large baking pan (mine was 12"x18")
- Double boiler (or a 2 bowls that can fit over a pot of simmering water)
When firm, lift the foil and peppermint bark out of the pan, and find a chef's knife to go to work with cutting.