I can now include strollers in that category. I recently had a chance to try out a smooth-as-butter stroller, the Inglesina Avio, designed in Italy but also available here in the US.
- Rides smoothly
- One-hand folding (though I'm still learning how to do this one-handed)
- Extremely easy to push, even with one hand
- Seat is cushy and wide
- Seat easily reclines
- Generously-sized canopy, larger than other strollers--great for wind and light rain
- Viewing window on the canopy, so you can peek in on your child while walking
- Comes with a rain cover
- Easy to maneuver over bumps and curves
- Harness is easy to buckle (just 2 clicks for the 5 anchoring points)
- Includes adaptors for optional bassinet or to accommodate an infant car seat
- Waterproof material on the seat and canopy, which seems easy to take off for washing
- High price
- Foot rest is not entirely comfortable for larger kids
- No tray for the child (not convenient for drinks and snacks)
- Cup holder in a weird position (at the back bottom of the stroller)
- Under-carriage basket is accessible from the front, not the back. Not so convenient for parents
You can buy your own Inglesina Avio at Diapers.com. By entering the promo code AVIOFAST at checkout, you can receive a free fast table chair with your order.
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Inglesina and received an Avio stroller to facilitate this review.