I will probably keep them around, in the hopes of having another wee one to diaper. Mom Most Traveled told me about a site called Diaper Swappers, where she was able to sell some of her cloth diapers. There's also The Used Diaper Company and FreePeats.
It got me thinking about what you could use prefolds for, other than mopping up spills. Here's what I came up with or found online:
- Reusable Swiffer cover. I don't have a Swiffer, so I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe you could take a prefold and pinch the sides in the clips.
- I dust our hardwood floors with them by spritzing them with water and sliding around the room with two on my feet. It's a good workout too.
- Cut them up and use them as cloth baby wipes
- Keep a few in your car for dusting the dashboard and cleaning up spills
- Keep one in the bottom of your stroller, or on the seat of the stroller to catch drips and spills (especially when we take SoJo for ice cream up the street)
- Sew one into a hot pad for your kitchen
- Make your own menstrual pads by cutting and sewing them.
- Add one to a first aid kit (I could have used this yesterday)
- Roll them up to make draft stoppers for doors
- Use them for padding in a Halloween costume...for some reason I can imagine in a football player costume or a samurai.