Look What I Made

So I finally got around to making something (hence this blog's subtitle, making and doing). I've seen these burp cloths all over, from baby showers to online baby stores and Etsy. I decided to try making some with extra fabric leftover from some of the sewing projects I created for Soren's room (see earliest blog postings for photos). I also have a lot of extra cloth diapers from my shower, ones I haven't used on the little one's bottom of course, which by the way, has been working out pretty well. (Side note: I've started cloth-diapering more during the day, but he is still in disposables at night as he sleeps 9-11 hours a night and I'd like to keep it that way). Anyway, these were really easy to whip up, and I made some for myself and for my friend's shower in August. I think this will be my baby shower staple from now on. I'd like to make them a little fancier with rick rack or ribbon trim, but I just didn't have anything in my sewing stash at the moment. All I did was fold over a 1/2 inch seam on all sides and do a zig zag stitch around the edges. Some of the fabric panels are thinner than others depending on the size of scraps I had, but they still look good. I see endless possibilites in these, especially since I have a huge tote of scraps in the attic that I need to find something to do with.

There's a great tutorial at Chickpea Sewing Studio if you'd like to try them yourself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails